<$BlogRSDUrl$> Gay Canadian X Party Boy

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Wood Street, My Move, And Yes Hockey...... 

Well after a very long day I'm in the new apartment....My last move I hope for a very long time...I had a few friends come over and help.....Thank You my dearest Ashley....pics a her below..U know my gay pal.....Much love baby.....

So I can see into every window on Maitland street..A voyeurs fantasy come true...LOL..There must be a thousand plus apartments in close view with thousands more very close.....Hmmm binoculars are a must....Hmmmm...Only thing is now I'm so hi up the neighbours wont be able to watch me late at night up to naughty boy things, oh well..Ha lol.....And after sharing a one bedroom with me best bud...Its going to be oh so fabulous to have my own room again....Yessss..The 1700 a month is worth it....

and no more big smoke stack right beside me from Maple leaf Gardens..Soon to be Maple leaf shopping center..My word.....I bet there are many hockey fans oh to upset about that...Not me in a while I'll have one a the largest food stores an elevator ride away...I love..It....At the same time Its a shame as I grew up watching hockey being played there, I am a hockey fan and for Years used to play when I was a kid in fact almost every day! Bet ya all are surprised on that one...When I was a teen I used to hold season tickets to the Kamloops Blazers and go all the time...Loved it...My seats where behind the hometeam players bench..I especially loved the manly smells..Mmm The hockey boys are hot...I have many fond memories of lusting over the junior hockey team boys....In fact I a few times wondered into there dressing room by accident of course when they caught me...I did go to hi school with many of them who are now in the NHL...Hmmmm to think I saw them naked in PE class.....

You can get a good feel of my hood here.....

I'm one happy boy today....Now that I will be able to get some good nights sleep look for much more posts asap on the blog.....

Here is a bit a history about my street for those out there who are into this stuff its really cool to live on a street named after such a interesting guy.....


Sculpture honours gay magistrate from 1800s
Last Updated Mon, 30 May 2005 08:38:48 EDT
CBC News
TORONTO - A bronze sculpture of one of the country's first openly homosexual public figures has been unveiled in Toronto's gay village.

Hundreds of people attended a parade and ceremony on Saturday to honour Alexander Wood, a 19th-century magistrate who owned land in what has become the city's gay neighbourhood.


The bronze sculpture of Alexander Wood.
Wood, one of Toronto's founding fathers, made no particular attempts to hide the fact that he was gay ?? a highly unusual move at a time when homosexuality was a criminal offence punishable by death.

"He's very important to our community because of what he's done in his past," said Dennis O'Connor, chair of the Church-Wellesley Village Business Improvement Area.

The organization chose Wood for the 2.5-metre-high monument because it sees him as a forefather of the gay community and because of his connections to the area.

"We have a historical link to this neighbourhood that goes back over 200 years," O'Connor told CBC News.

Wood emigrated from Scotland and travelled to Toronto, then known as York, in the late 1700s. He became a prominent merchant and was appointed as a magistrate in 1800.

However, he was driven out of the country a decade later over allegations that arose while he was investigating a rape.

"He had a woman who showed up before him who complained of a rape and said she had scratched the genitals of a young militiaman," O'Connor said.

"As the magistrate, being overzealous I suppose, he decided he would go to Fort York and personally inspect some of the genitals of these young militiamen."

Several of the young soldiers accused him of fondling them and Wood was given the choice of facing sodomy charges or leaving Upper Canada. He returned to Scotland.

Wood became known for the scandal, but some historians say he should be remembered for much more.

"He's noteworthy in a couple of respects," said Mary Rae Chance, a historian with the Toronto Reference Library.

"He's a very significant player in the development of the town of York and the history of Toronto. He was involved in everything from the Toronto Library to the Bank of Upper Canada."

Wood returned to Canada two years later without facing charges and resumed his position as magistrate.

He fought in the War of 1812 and served on a number of boards.

He eventually purchased a parcel of land that included the area where his statue is now located, at the corner of Church and Alexander streets. The latter is named after him.

In his time, Wood was sometimes called a "molly" ?? a derogatory word for homosexual.

He eventually returned to Scotland, where he died in 1846.

Ontario artist Del Newbigging created the statue of Wood.

Its $200,000 cost was shared by the Church-Wellesley Village BIA and the city.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?



Powered by FeedBlitz